The Challenge is a CHALLENGE…Expect to push and stretch and innovate like never before!
- Strategize on how to save more lives,
- Collect and track your data,
- Engage your community to help save lives,
- Adopt, adopt, adopt! (And maybe return lost animals to their families or transfer animals to rescues and adoption agencies),
- Celebrate all the lives you save!
- Help you analyze your animal data,
- Give you tried and true PR and communications techniques,
- Show you some of the most successful adoption, RTO and transfer ideas in the country,
- Promote you to millions of animal lovers throughout the nation,
- Award you with grants from $5,000 to $100,000,
- Celebrate your unbelievable commitment to saving more lives every day!
And it will all lead to…
- Better teamwork,
- New fans and supporters,
- Streamlined shelter operations,
- Successful new programs,
- Winning some of the more than $600,000 in prizes,
- Saving more lives every day!
Stories from the $100K Challenge
The Challenge is a wild ride right from kick-off. See a recap of the 2012 Kick-off and the 2011 Kick-off. And no matter what the final results are, because it’s all about saving more lives, everyone’s a winner.
Austin Pets Alive! Won Big for the Animals by saving 850 more lives and seizing the 2011 Grand Prize.
The Humane Society of South Mississippi earned multiple awards and they proved that a picture may be worth 1,000 words, but there is no amount of words to equal 2,183 pictures of lives saved.
In 2010, The Humane Society of Boulder Valley increased their lives saved by 968.
Find out about their secrets to success, allowing them to take home the Grand Prize.
At the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center, it was all about their community support. In 2010, they had an increase of 335 lives saved and ran away with the Community Engagement Award.