Media & Promotion
Signs & Forms
Handouts & Logos
Help a Horse Day is a national celebration and contest to raise awareness of the plight of horses. Equine rescues and sanctuaries are encouraged to host an event highlighting the work they do and showing community members how they can help.
For details about Help a Horse Day 2017, listen to the free, recorded webinar on How to Help Horses through Help a Horse Day 2017.
In 2016, the contest component of Help a Horse Day was even more dynamic: In honor of the ASPCA’s 150th anniversary, qualifying equine groups were in the running for a portion of $100,000 in grant money—the largest Help a Horse Day grant pool ever!
Who Is Eligible for a Help a Horse Day Grant?
Your organization must meet these three criteria in order to be eligible to apply:
- Be a 501(c)(3) equine rescue or sanctuary that cares for at least 10 horses concurrently OR an Animal shelter or animal care & control facility that shelters/seizes at-risk horses at least 4 times annually.
- Be up to date with all ASPCA grant requirements.
- Be located within the US.
How Do You Qualify for a Help a Horse Day Grant?
Follow these three steps to qualify:
- Register your event online between March 1 and April 1.
- Hold at least one event between April 21 and April 26.
- Apply online for a Help a Horse Day grant. Applications open on Monday, April 24 at 10 a.m. ET and close on Monday, May 8 at 5 p.m. ET.